Thursday, September 30, 2010

O Sunny Days!


Woof!

Hello again, I hope you're enjoying the Autumnal sunshine today, I'm loving it! Yesterday was so cold and wet I barely went outside, I don't like walking in the rain, so my owner had to drag me along to make sure I got my daily dose of exercise, but I don't think she liked it much either! Never mind because today is lovely and sunny and warm, and here's a picture of me in my favourite park enjoying being off lead this morning, I love sunny days!

Now the seasons are changing it's important to take you pooches needs into account. As a small puppy, and because I'm going through the uglies I'm going to need a coat soon, which my lovely owner is making me, if she ever stops adding details and ribbon! It's good to invest in a waterproof coat for your pooch, they are available all over the place, so choose the one that is best suited to your pet's needs. I mean think about it, you go out wearing a nice warm coat, so us pups need the same!

Footwear is another thing to think about, especially when ground frost starts setting in. Big dogs should be fine in such weather, but little paws could end up getting frost bitten or causing me to dislike walking in cold conditions, making getting my exercise difficult. So I'm eagerly awaiting some matching booties for my coat (hint hint Igaboo my owner!) so when it does get icy and maybe even snowy I can be safe and protected from the elements.

Just remember us puppies aren't fashion accessories, it may be fun to dress us up, but if that's all you want to do; go get a Barbie doll! Clothes for dogs should be practical or for special occasions, and if your pup doesn't like wearing them, then don't make us, find alternatives and middle ground so my welfare is considered but also my feelings.

I'm off to enjoy the sunshine some more now before it starts raining again tomorrow, go have a run around outside, as mad as a fruit loop, trust me, it's great fun!

Puppy Kisses and Love

Dexy Do Dah Dog
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment