Monday, October 04, 2010

Indoor Fun & Games


Woof!

Hello everyone! Today Igaboo and I are going to suggest some indoor games to play with your puppy to keep us occupied since we can't spend lots and lots of time outdoors anymore. My owner is needing to keep me entertained because I've been rather naughty lately and been having fun shredding anything through the letterbox, choosing to scratch at things I shouldn't and trying out for the X-Factor with my glorious singing voice at the strangest times at night. I also have to be careful because my owner has hurt her wrist again, and the bandage is so tempting to gnaw on but it hurts her and could cause an infection. So here are some games to play indoors, that will keep me entertain, uses my brain and also gets some extra exercise in.

Ball Of Wool
This game is great fun, all you need is a ball of wool that has some wool loose but the rest secured into it's ball. Ok, sit on the floor and using the loose piece, start spinning the wool around you and I'll start spinning around you too! Once you have me chasing, change the direction you go round, and then speed it up until I can't see it anymore but assuming it's just around you. Once you have me chasing the shadow, wait until I'll behind you and hide the ball on your lap, I go round a few times without realising I'm not chasing anything anymore! Let me find it, give me love and start again!

Hide & Seek
A super simple game involving any of my toys-especially great if you have to leave me at home by myself. All you need to do is hide some of my favourite toys or treats about the house, could be anywhere from behind doors, behind the sofa, and/or up high on the stairs. I love going for an investigation and I eventually find all my things, it's a great way to hone my sniffing skills and keeps me occupied whilst you're gone, and when you get home, I'll proudly show you all my finds!

Indoor Fetch
As it says, like fetch, but indoors! Ping pong balls are great for this game as they can't damage anything they strike and their bounciness is super awesome to chase around and try to catch. My owner throws them all over the place and gets me running around like a fruit loop all around the house, she even confuses me by throwing two balls at once, or only pretending to throw it, fetch is one of my favourite games in the whole wide world!

Hide The Treat
This is a great way to test my mental ability, all you need is a few plastic cups/boxes and some treats, and all you need to do is hide a treat under one of them and let me try and find it! Mix it up and play along yourself like you are doing a magic trick, swap the cups over, try and distract me, but then see how quickly I can find it-I always do!

So there are four of my favourite rainy days games. Of course, my owner plays with me in a lot of different ways and is always getting me different toys to play with too. Rainy days are no fun for anyone, so maybe instead of just playing, use the time to train me some obedience tricks, just as long as I am kept entertained and feel loved I will be one happy pup!

Puppy Kisses and Love

Dexy Do Dah Dog
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment