Saturday, November 13, 2010

Doggie M.O.T.


Woof!

Hi y'all! Wow what a busy week I've had, been out lots and been doing lots to grow up healthy and strong, one important day was my pamper day where Igaboo joked she was putting through an M.O.T.! I had a very special day where I went to the dog grooming parlour and also popped into to see my nice vet lady for a general check-up. I'm nearly 5 months old now so Igaboo felt I needed to, especially since I had big first this week- I lost my first puppy tooth! My main canine tooth on my left side has gone, it's a bit weird and made eating hard to begin with, and also a tad of drooling, but my owner made a special pate for me and said it was the doggie tooth fairy, you humans are so strange with your little traditions.

Anywho, I had my visit to the groomers, which I both liked and disliked, it was lovely being pampered for the day, but being left in a strange place with people I didn't know was a bit unsettling. I had the full puppy treatment and got shampooed and blow dried, had a hair cut, a manicure and a general tidy up with my eyes and ears. The parlour was even good enough to express my anal glands which is necessary for a pooches health, but I'm a lady so I'm a going to go back to the pampering things! My owner was swoon over when she came to collect me and found me sitting behind the glass all spruced up, and the groomers were even so nice to put a matching pink bow on my collar to finish my look! Having a thorough clean was fantastic as I was in need of it, especially my nails, something only an experience owner should attempt to remedy, and the best thing is I came out smelling like a blueberry! Being at the groomers was a fun but weird situation for me, and because of this I fell asleep on the journey home when I normally look out of the bus window, little did I know we weren't on our way straight home...

That's because my next stop was the vets, which actually I quite like, I love attention you see, and they are all so nice there to me and give me cuddles. I only went in to have a check-up and to make sure my first lost tooth was ok, I also had another injection (even though Igaboo promised no more for another year) to defend me against another nasty disease called Parco. Whilst at the vets I had a good once over and everything about me is perfect, except my ears. Due to the shape of them it is easy to get dirt and dust in them and this had built up and gave me some waxy ears, nothing major or painful, all I have to do is be good and let Igaboo give me ear drops, which I like now because I always get a treat afterwards! So now I'm nearly 5 months I know I'm all healthy and vaccinated for all I need to be and I also have my appointment booked to be microchipped soon, o it's so hard growing up into a big doggie!

Puppy Kisses and Love

Dexy Do Dah Dog
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment