Sunday, September 05, 2010

Bite Bite Bite


Woof!

Hello again, today I'm going to be talking about the big, big issue that all puppies have, and that is teething! All puppies have an uncontrollable urge to bite and chew on things as our little teeth can hurt us and whilst we're going through the transition of growing into a big doggie, we need things to keep our urges under control!

To help with the pain and discomfort of teething, I need lots of different types of toys, a rope tug toy is a great one coz you can play too, and it's fun for me! Another good trick is ice cubes crushed up, they're great to chew and crunch and the coldness soothes my gums and teeth.

In terms of me just biting and chewing, well that might be a whole host of reasons, sometimes, yes it's coz it's my teeth, but sometimes it could be separation anxiety, boredom, or something else, but I'll post a blog biscuit bout all that soon.

But back to the teething issue, think of every morning you get up, and every night you go bed, what do you do? You brush your teeth! I need the same please, it's very easy to pick up a doggie toothbrush and toothpaste at your local petshop, and then brush away baby! A lady needs a gleaming smile don't you know?! Always check my gums are nice and pink, and look out for any decaying or rotting, as well any damage, if you suspect anything, get me off to the nice vet people for a thorough check-up. Very bad breath is a very obvious symptom of something being wrong, but then puppy breath isn't normally that nice, but doesn't stop me giving you lots of puppy kisses!

Puppy kisses and Love

Dexy Do Dah Dog
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment