Friday, September 24, 2010

Puppy Changes




Woof!

Hello again! Do you like my montage of pictures? They show how much I have changed since my owner got me! I was once a small ball of fluff, and now look at me, my colour has changed, my fur looks different, and just look at my big ears! At 3 months old I'm starting to go through the dreaded stage of the Puppy Uglies! (I'm still cute though regardless of what it is called!)

Most pups experience the uglies from about 3 months old, and all it is about is my puppy coat growing out and my big doggie adult coat growing in. I've only just started the transition myself so my coat's still soft and silky, but I do have random balding patches and random tufts of long fluffy hair. My colour is also changing, and I'm getting light blonde highlights on my shoulders and scruff of my neck, and I'm also developing black tipped fur along my back and on my tail. At one point my belly and chest looked completely bald, but now I have some soft white hair growing and it causes a mohican along my chest of fluffiness!

It's completely normal for doggies to go through this stage, it can be extreme or mild, some people may not recognise their little pooch pal, whilst others wont even notice a difference. Just like my teeth, the fur I was born with was only my puppy fur, and before I can be a big doggie I need to grow a thick, warm coat, especially now Autumn's here, so it's a case of out with the old, in with the new! As an owner you need to remember to brush me daily to get rid off the loose hairs, make sure I'm nice and clean from bathing me and to not worry, give me a year and it'll be settled down and my regular doggie coat will be here to stay, and then I should only shed profusely around Springtime to be ready for Summer.

Just remember it's normal, and it's not something wrong with me! Things you can do to help is to feed me a proper diet to give me all the nutrients I need to grow strong and healthy, and also supplement my diet with things like cod liver oil or Greek yoghurt, both help puppy fur to be soft and silky. I'll have to see how I go, who knows what I'll look like in a months time?! My owner can't wait to find out, she loves me regardless of how I look, which is a very important thing to take heed to, because yes, puppies are super cute and adorable when you first get us, but we do grow up, and you should love your pup whatever they grow up into, it's so sad when people lose interest in things they once proclaimed to love, all because they think they have changed too much or aren't the thing they thought they were.

Anywho, that's my chat for today, time for my walkies I think. Hope you all have a lovely day and I'll speak to you all soon! Woof woof!

Puppy Kisses and Love

Dexy Do Dah Dog
x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment